Thank you for visiting 2175 Group. 2175 Group respects your privacy. We value transparency and want you to know exactly what we do with your personal information. This page maps out what personal information we collect, what we do with it, and your choices and rights.
Personal information we collect
We collect a variety of personal information regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Information you provide to us, specifically your email address, first name, and last name.
- Your marketing preferences.
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries or posts in the 2175 Group Slack workspace. Please be aware that any information that you post on public parts of our sites is available to others.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, campaign responses, email marketing, or promotions.
- Information from your use of the 2175 Group website. This includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our sites, information about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preference settings, unique device IDs, and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact online with 2175 Group (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors).
- Information we get from our partners to support marketing campaigns, improve our services, and better monitor our online marketing campaigns, such as details about when an 2175 Group partner shows you one of our campaigns or promotions on or via its site or advertising platform.
- Other information you submit to us directly or through Third Party Services if you use a Third Party Service to create an 2175 Group account (based on your privacy settings with such Third Party Service).
How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources in three primary ways:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by submitting a form on our website).
- We record some of it automatically when you use our website (via technologies like cookies).
- We receive some of it from third parties (such as when you register for an account using a Third Party Service or when you make payments to us using our payment processor).
When you use our Services, we collect information from you in a number of ways.
- We ask you to provide your name and email address.
- We maintain your marketing preferences and the emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, including customer support inquiries or posts to online communities (e.g. Slack) or forums.
- You may provide us with information in other ways, such as responding to surveys, submitting a form, or attending an event.
We may require you to provide information for specific contractual or legal reasons. For example, we may ask you to select your jurisdiction when you choose to work with 2175 Group as a paid client to determine tax implications and requirements. We will inform you when this information is required, and we will let you know the consequences of failing to provide it. For example, you may not be able to become a client of 2175 Group if that information is necessary to provide the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Communicate with you. Communicate with you, including sending you emails and announcements.
- Conduct surveys. Send surveys to you, with your permission.
- Promote Services. Promote our Services and send you marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of 2175 Group and our partners and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on what 2175 Group Services you use or other information we hold about you.
- Improve our Services. Analyze and learn about how you access and use 2175 Group Services so that we can evaluate and improve our Services (for example, by developing new products and services or tailoring our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our marketing and promotions. We do this based on anonymous or aggregated information which does not focus on you individually.
- Ensure Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Manage third-party relationships. Manage our vendor and partner relationships.
- Enforce Terms of Service. Enforce our legal terms and policies.
- Protect rights and property. Protect our and others’ interests, rights and property (e.g., to protect our Users from abuse).
- Comply with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts, and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. Note that you can change your mind at any time and we will update how we use your information.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with Services and products requested by you, and to respond to your inquiries. We need this information s that we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one. For example, we need your email address to engage with you as a client.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To operate the 2175 Group business and provide you with tailored communications.
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our Services. We do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in ensuring 2175 Group's website and services are secure, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam, and abuse.
- To provide and improve the Services, including any personalized services.
- To share your personal information with other 2175 Group companies that help us provide and improve the Services.
- To anonymize and subsequently use anonymized information.
- Protecting you and others. To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
- Others’ legitimate interests. Where necessary for the purposes of a third party’s legitimate interests, such as our partners who have a legitimate interest in delivering requested information and/or services to you and monitoring and measuring its effectiveness.
How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Business partners. We may share personal information with business partners. For example, we may share your personal information when our Services are integrated with their Third Party Services, but only when you have been informed or would otherwise expect such sharing.
- Service providers. We share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, send marketing and other communications on our behalf, or assist with data storage.
- Process payments. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests or prevent fraud or abuse of 2175 Group or our users. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Advertising. We share personal information with third parties so they and we can provide you with tailored advertising and measure and monitor its effectiveness. For example, we may share your email address with a third-party content platform on which we advertise to avoid serving 2175 Group ads to people who already are clients of ours.
- Business transfers. If we’re involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of some or all of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that deal.
Your rights and choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change, or delete your personal information.
You can access, update, change, or delete your personal information by contacting us.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications (generally provided in the footer area of those communications). You can also request to be unsubscribed from all marketing communications by getting in touch with us.
Note that there may be a delay, for technical reasons, in deleting your personal Information from our systems when you request that we delete it. We also will retain personal Information to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes, or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law.
Additionally, if we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time for no charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
How we protect your personal information
We are dedicated to keeping your personal information safe. We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in our possession.
How we retain your personal information
The exact length of time for which we keep your personal information may vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors will include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymized, and other relevant criteria.
You may request your information to be deleted from our systems by contacting us here.
Please note that in the course of providing our services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized, or de-personalized information which we may retain indefinitely.
Personal information that you submit through the Services may be transferred to countries other than where you live, such as, for example, to our servers in the U.S. We also store personal information locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Your personal information may be transferred to countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you first provided your personal information.
We rely upon a number of means to transfer personal information which is subject to the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in accordance with Chapter V of the GDPR. These include:
- Privacy Shield. We transfer, in accordance with Article 45 of the GDPR, personal information to companies that have certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks (each individually and jointly, the “Privacy Shield”).
- Standard data protection clauses. We may, in accordance with Article 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal information to recipients that have entered into the European Commission approved contract for the transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area.
- Other means. We may, in accordance with Articles 45 and 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal information to recipients that are in a country the European Commission or a European data protection supervisory authority has confirmed, by decision, offers an adequate level of data protection, pursuant to an approved certification mechanism or code of conduct, together with binding enforcement commitments from the recipient to apply the appropriate safeguards, including as regards data subjects’ rights, or to processors which have committed to comply with binding corporate rules.
How to contact us